Did someone say mango?! I LOVE mangos, and in my opinion it is the most delicious fruit in the world. This yellow deliciousness can turn any boring dish into a whole new tasty experience. Mango is a treat!
Not to mention, mangoes are PACKED with nutrients, and it's been proven that mango is an actual antidepressant, helping you ease your mind, stress & sleep.
Mango is an alkalizing antioxidant that can boost your immune system, support healthy heart and happy digestive system. It is also very good for the skin and eye health.
MAKES: 6 servings as a starter/ 4 as a main dish
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Juice from 3 limes
1 cup orange juice
2 tomatoes, diced
1 orange bell pepper
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro/ coriander (approx. 2-3 tbsp once chopped)
2 large mangos, diced
1/2 Cup red onion, diced
3/4 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 avocado, chopped (optional)
LET's DO THIS:
1. Soak your red onion slices in ice cold water for about 10 minutes, then rinse and drain.
2. While the onion is soaking in water, chop the pepper and tomatoes, and peel and dice the mangos. Reserve a few pieces to blend for the juice.
3. Place the mangos, the (drained) red onions, pepper and tomatoes into a large bowl. Add chopped cilantro, pinch of salt and black pepper.
4. In a blender, combine the lime juice, orange juice, and the spare mango chunks and blend until you get a smooth juicy sauce.
5. Add the juice blend to the bowl and mix well (add chopped avocado if you feel like it). Taste and add more salt or pepper if needed. Place the ceviche in the fridge and let it sit and marinate for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Serve your ceviche with plantains chips or crisps.
Sweet yet low in calories, high in fibre, and a great source of iron and Vitamins A, B6 and C.
People either love it or hate it, bus ceviche would be nothing without cilantro. Is a good source of antioxidants, protects against oxidative stress, reduces anxiety and lowers blood sugar. It also supports heart health, healthy digestive system and soothes skin irritations.
- Element - fire + water
- Energy - hot + dry
✓ recommended for Kapha types
● not recommended for Vara types
✗ aggravates Pitta dosha types
DISCOVER YOUR DOSHA
We are each a mix & a match of unique energies, called Doshas according to Ayurveda.
In this quiz, Veronika breaks down the percentage of each Dosha within you, to give you a deeper understanding of your true nature and showing you how to take the best care of yourself to achieve overall wellbeing and contentment.
• Manipura | Solar plexus Chakra
FOODS: Everything yellow = yellow peppers, corn, lentils, turmeric, curry, but also bananas, whole grains and legumes.
I am confident in all that I do
I respect myself and I deserve a wonderful life
I chose health, healing and happiness
I act with courage and strength
I would LOVE to hear from YOU!
Leave a comment on your favourite recipe, share
and spread the love & healthiness!